Friday, December 2, 2011

Why People Who Don't Want to Work But Have a Freaking Job

I don’t understand able bodied people who do not want to work, but are always the ones that end finding a job while those who do want to work can not. Not long ago, I was approached by a homeless lady in a parking lot who “needed some money for food“. She looked healthy and sane enough to work but instead was begging for change from people buying groceries for their families. ”Why can’t she work?”, I thought to myself as I walked to the car.

How many times have you seen people standing at the bottom of a freeway ramp begging for money? They can stand up all day and hold a sign, but are unable to work. What’s wrong with this picture?

I wake up every morning and go to the same job, at the same place, dealing with the same issues. It gets old and there are days when I’d rather just stay home. Doesn’t everyone feel this way at times? The reality is that work is part of being an adult, being responsible, and living in society–we all need to be productive. Why is it that some people think that they should be able to live a comfortable life without actually working at work?

As adults, we all get to make choices and live with the consequences. Some people decide not to work and then try to escape the consequences by looking to others for support! They do this by asking for money at the supermarket, applying for government welfare programs,just living off the generosity of others, or just showing up to work for a paycheck without sweating one drop of sweat.

When people don’t work, they are not contributing to society. This puts a burden on responsible working adults who end up paying for them in the long run. These people are living off the labor of others.

I can think of other troubling situations like husbands who make their wives support them or wives who stay home and play when their husbands are slaving away (although this doesn’t affect me unless they are applying for welfare). I also am troubled by people who depend on frivolous law suits, bogus insurance claims, or other scams for their income. These people put a lot of energy into figuring out how to not work. Wouldn’t it just be better if they put that same energy into finding a job you love and keeping it?

Don’t get me wrong, I believe in being charitable–in fact, we all have a responsibility to help others in need. It feels good to help a family that is really struggling, or someone with health issues, or the elderly, etc. Sometimes people just end up in difficult circumstances and need help–I completely understand this. These cohort of people are NOT whom I venting about in this blog.

With all of that said, I believe that we are actually doing harm by helping those who choose not to work by giving them a job that should go to a person who really WANTS to work. I’m talking about normal people who are lazy and just don’t want to work, but have a job just to say "I Got a Job!". If these people don’t want to work, they should have to live with the consequences. Hunger can be a great motivator! What do you think?

If you don't want to work or do your job correctly, do us all a favor and QUIT! Everyone is tired of cleaning up your mess!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment