
How many of you have heard the excerpt below? I have heard it only twice.
"Be very careful if you make a woman cry because God counts her tears. The woman came from a man's rib. Not from his foot to be walked on, nor from his head to be superior. But from his side to be equal, under his arm to be protected and next to his heart to be loved."
Its weird because one of the guys I heard it from is a pathological cheater. I guess the saying "Do as I say & not as I do" is appropriate for him.
I decided to blog about this because it is something not being taught in the homes of aspiring men. We need to embrace our male youth and expose them to positivity like this in order to make the "Genocide of Black Relationships" obsolete. Same goes for our aspiring women because these days there is a fine line between Classy~N~ Sexy versus Whore.
I challenge all of my readers to mentor a youth, take time with them, explain to them what a morally valued date is suppose to entail (courtesy, etiquitte, Dos & Donts, how to dress, how to communicate effectively), etc. Majority of our youth have no one in the home or extended family to talk to in order to ask questions or observe as a positive role model. Instead, they imitate what they see in the home, or what their "BLIND Peers" are saying/doing. Blind leading the blind leads to degregation.
Let's not leave out the adults. We often say one thing but our actions communicate something else. We need to stop lying to ourselves as well as others and just get it together. Do not say things to people just to make yourself look good in order to use the other person for self gratification...Karma is a Biatch!! Practice what your preach, let your actions really communicate who the "Real You" really is.
As a race we lack the little things when we try to paint the big picture. This very reason is why the big picture is often left in the corner incomplete.
Do Better in all Things!
"Be very careful if you make a woman cry because God counts her tears. The woman came from a man's rib. Not from his foot to be walked on, nor from his head to be superior. But from his side to be equal, under his arm to be protected and next to his heart to be loved."
Its weird because one of the guys I heard it from is a pathological cheater. I guess the saying "Do as I say & not as I do" is appropriate for him.
I decided to blog about this because it is something not being taught in the homes of aspiring men. We need to embrace our male youth and expose them to positivity like this in order to make the "Genocide of Black Relationships" obsolete. Same goes for our aspiring women because these days there is a fine line between Classy~N~ Sexy versus Whore.
I challenge all of my readers to mentor a youth, take time with them, explain to them what a morally valued date is suppose to entail (courtesy, etiquitte, Dos & Donts, how to dress, how to communicate effectively), etc. Majority of our youth have no one in the home or extended family to talk to in order to ask questions or observe as a positive role model. Instead, they imitate what they see in the home, or what their "BLIND Peers" are saying/doing. Blind leading the blind leads to degregation.
Let's not leave out the adults. We often say one thing but our actions communicate something else. We need to stop lying to ourselves as well as others and just get it together. Do not say things to people just to make yourself look good in order to use the other person for self gratification...Karma is a Biatch!! Practice what your preach, let your actions really communicate who the "Real You" really is.
As a race we lack the little things when we try to paint the big picture. This very reason is why the big picture is often left in the corner incomplete.
Do Better in all Things!
No comments:
Post a Comment