A new year... New hopes, new dreams, new ambitions, new beginning, rebirth of one's self... How's it going so far?
To be honest, I 2011 ended on a great note. I ended 2011 in Atlanta partying it up with some undergrad friends at the Waverly Renaissance Hotel. As soon as the 12:00AM hit I started 2012 off with a kiss and the start of my birthday celebration. I don't remember pretty much what happened after that because I was drunk as a skunk, but from the pics I was quite the party girl...LOL! Later that day of January 1, 2012 I had a birthday lunch at Copeland's in Atlanta and even got the opportunity to meet up with some of my favorite Sorors and Phrat.
Fast forward to Knoville, party number 3 took place at Cocoa Moon and ended with dancing at the Knoxville Brewery. Then back to Atlanta with colleagues for a conference, surprise birthday dinner at Benihana and lunch at High Velocity. Back to Knoxville, for my actual birthday, January 17, 2012 at work there was a birthday party with my shift workers, then later that night there was a Grown-N-Sexy sit down dinner at Bonefish Grill with the girls. Last but not least, the last birthday gathering was this past weekend with Knoxville Urban Young Professionals for Redtails & Cocktails.
The theme of my birthday this year was 21ST Birthday Take 2 and I must admit, for my actual 21st birthday I had 3 parties. But I have out done myself with the partying this go around, I have literally partied the whole month of January without missing a day of work with a grand total of 8 parties. Who does that?! Well nobody but this Diva!
January is almost over and it was a great month, now when February starts what am I suppose to do......hmmmmmmm?
So far my New Year has been great and I pray that it continues. My ambitions and hopes for the year are in order and now it's time for me to focus and do what I have to do, but have fun while doing it.
Party girl is taking off her hat, having a seat, getting serious for now. No more parties for me until July 4th and Tennessee State University 100 year Homecoming. Until then, stay positive, motivated, faith-driven, & have FUN!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment