Well this quote is very thought provoking, but true. I understand that patience is a virtue, but at the same time, 6 years and some change ago I would often get frustrated about being patient with love. I was always that female who had a boyfriend and the relationships were sort of kinda long lived. But when I would break up with a guy, another guy would come along within a month or two for me to date. Now the times had changed, I was no longer a high school/college student. I was a college educated female just putting the finishing touches on her doctorate degree. I was married to my academics and career choice, but I never really gave it any thought that the letters "Dr." in front of my name would cause suicide to my dating career. After graduating and entering the real world, that suicide became real. I could not get a date to save my life. Dudes would flirt and show interest but as soon as they found out I was a doctor, I would often end up talking to a dial tone. Over the years I started questioning myself and often wondered what was wrong with me. One day I realized, I was not the damn problem, the men with insecurity and/or pride issues were the problem. So to stop the major disappointmt in my life, I decided to stop dating, give up on love, and continue to do me.
Now do not get me wrong, I was a happy college educated female working hard on completing my last post graduate degree. I was happy that I was in good health, was surrounded by loving family and friends. Lastly I was happy to have a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator, and car to get around in. At the end of each and everyday there was still something missing in my life....someone to love and share my life with.
I remember crying myself to sleep countless nights asking God "when is it going to be my turn to meet the man of my dreams and to take that walk down the aisle to the man He wanted me to marry and love forever?" I prayed countless days and nights begging God to send me MY man. I had gotten so drained and had grown so impatient I was mad at God for not answering my prayers.
I was already a woman of God, I focused on Him and loved Him. That was the only way I stayed sane while in school. So I was not neglecting God. I had accomplished everything I want to do in life. I even believed that my new degree was my calling and God's will for my existence on earth. Therefore, it was very hard for me to comprehend why He would not simply grant the one last thing I desired in life.
Fast forward to the present, I get why love kept passing me by. I needed to work on being truly patient, trusting and having ultimate faith in God, and the guy God did have in the making for me was still being prepared. We all have some growing to do. It's not wise to peer pressure people or rush into to things just say "I'm taken." I must admit, looking back, I thank God for leaving me in limbo. He possibly saved me from fools, divorce, and maybe an unplanned pregnancy, raping, or domestic violence case.
Two months and 3 days ago, I finally became the happiest woman I had been yearning to be for years. God deemed the time was finally right for the guy I had been getting to know and talking to a little bit over a year finally asked me to be his girlfriend. Only time will tell if we become husband and wife, but right now it's a breath of fresh air. I enjoy the quality time we spend together, the way we can actual talk about anything with an open mind, the way we care about each other, PRAY for each other, and love each other.
Waiting on love is NOT as bad as it seems. If love keeps passing you by don't get frustrated. Instead utilize that time to work on becoming a better you, and spend it doing something you always wanted to do. Lastly, do not forget to keep your mind, body, and soul focused on God. In the end, it's well worth the wait. When God puts two people together, no man or thing can tear that couple apart. 😊
I love to read stuff like this. Let's hope that you'll be referring to this guy as your husband in a future blog post.
ReplyDelete